Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Familiarities

I've come to the realization of just how affective familiarities really are. They can be reminders of the happiest of memories, or, of the most painful. But either way, they are still a part of everyday life. They play a big role that not many people notice.

While at camp a week ago, I had rested my head on the shoulder of one of my friends. It felt so familiar, but I didn't know why. Then I remembered that I used to do that all the time with an old friend of mine. I was, just for a moment, taken back to a brief memory with her. But, as suddenly as it came, it left.

I was just left smiling a bit to myself. Though some things have changed between my old friend and I, I still have good memories to look back on. Because of familiarities.

No comments:

Post a Comment